When it comes to laptop bags, you’d imagine there isn’t much room for innovation in the design, right? Wrong.
The designers at The Moose Designs managed to reinvent boring old laptop bags with the Workstation Bag, built for all kinds of business people, freelancers, or those do-it-all types of the modern day.
This unique take combines innovative features with a well-thought-out design to create a private workstation you can take anywhere.
It’s like your own personal, portable cubicle.
For anyone who lives on the road or in the air, and needs their laptop and work tools with them, we think it’s well worth the price.
The Workstation Bag keeps everything you need at your fingertips. From the tools necessary for your latest projects, to your business cards and portfolio to show present and future clients, to everything required for a successful on-the-go lifestyle, this bag helps keep it all organized.
There is no longer a need to dig around in the mash-up of stuff when you’re in a hurry, especially with a possible client watching and waiting.
Need to update your team in those crucial moments before take-off? Need to prep for a meeting in the taxi? This bag keeps you prepared, but also doesn’t weigh you down.
The Moose Workstation Bag: Features
Home to more pockets than any other laptop bag out there, as well as loads of other features, the Workstation has quite a bit to offer.
Let’s go through the specifics:
- An extendable key holder for easy access to your keys. No need to take everything out just to get into your car or hotel room.
- An adjustable, breathable, and padded crossbody strap to give your shoulder a break!
- Quick-access front pockets so the things you need the most can be easily found.
- Flexible handle so any size hand can grab it comfortably.
- Fully unzippable front pocket with elastic straps to hold all your things securely, and to keep you organized.
- Foldable outside walls put everything in front of you. The walls are covered with various pockets and a built-in USB port for charging your phone or any other compatible devices. The walls snap into place, giving you a private area to work anywhere you are. The foldable walls are also easy to open and close for set up and breakdown, so moving is fast.
- There is also a clear phone pocket, so when you’re settled down for work, view, receive, and send messages without ever taking it out. Think of it as your private assistant, right in your peripheral vision.
- You also have the ability to leave the bag anywhere by locking the strap to a fixed object. Additionally, with the lockable waterproof zippers, no one can look inside your bag but you.
- No need to worry about how protected your laptop is either. The bag is shock resistant, waterproof, and durable.
- There is a luggage strap to slide the bag on top of your rolling carry-on, stacking your bags for easy portability.
- The Workstation Bag also comes with a TSA-approved password lock to keep your things secure but available for security to easily get inside and check.
- Among the many pockets, there is a business card holder, padded secure pockets, pen holders, and card holders with RFID protection.
- A vegan leather handle for all us animal lovers
- Aluminum snap hooks to easily attach and reattach the crossbody strap
The stylish Workstation bag comes in two sizes: one that holds up to a 15.6-inch laptop and another that holds up to a 14-inch laptop. Whatever your needs are, this bag has you covered.
The Moose Pros and Cons
There isn’t much that can be said in regards to the Workstation Bag that isn’t positive.
It has loads of compartments and pockets, looks nice and stylish, and is an innovative twist that could be useful for many people.
After a thorough evaluation, the only con we found was the price. At $199 once it hits retail and online stores, it’s a bit to swallow, especially if you’re self-employed.
However, if you’re one of the lucky people to receive the first batch of Kickstarter campaign bags, the price is $109.
On the other hand, there are several laptop bags that offer only a fraction of the capabilities, at a similar price.
Considering how it can improve your business travels, mobile lifestyle, or everyday workstation needs, it may pay itself off in no time.
Past, Present, and Beyond
The Moose Designs Lab was created in 2014 by a team of inventors and designers. With the help of Kickstarter, they are looking to raise funds to bring the Workstation Bag to the market.
With an aim to establish production in sufficient quantities to reduce the retail price and make it more affordable, it’s an investment that’s meant to serve their community.
Once the Kickstarter campaign is funded, the bag will be able to reach a wider audience of creators, entrepreneurs, and adventurous people.